If you stay in a lot of hotels, you've probably stayed with celebrities before. But you might not always realize it, unless you know the signs. If a VERY famous person is at your hotel, there are always certain giveaways to watch for.
1. Lots of black vehicles in the parking lot. If you see a group of black SUVs or buses at a hotel, that could mean there's a big celebrity or a politician staying there. It means someone has hired drivers for a big group of people, like an entourage.
2. Security details. Basically, anyone who's wearing an earpiece and not a nametag is someone's private security. If they're wearing suits, they could be with a politician. Bodyguards for celebrities always stick out, because they're HUGE.
3. Special pins or buttons on hotel employees. For big politicians, the hotel employees have to be vetted ahead of time. They wear little pins on their lapels, to show they have security clearance.
4. Valets talking in code. They actually do use corny phrases like "The eagle has landed," to let each other know when a VIP is arriving.
5. Weird room service requests. If you see a hotel employee carrying a bowl of green M&Ms, or any other kind of unusual food, it could be for a celebrity. Touring musicians have contract riders full of bizarre demands, which the promoters pass on to the hotels.