If you hate your job, then it's probably time to start looking for a NEW one. In the meantime, "Psychology Today" has five ways for you to start LOVING it:
1. Focus on something you're good at. There must be SOMETHING you're doing right. The worst thing you can do is concentrate on the stuff that's going wrong or your missed promotion.
2. Set some goals. Make them small and attainable, and give yourself props when you hit them.
3. Avoid confrontations. If your boss doesn't like you, it's a waste of time to kill yourself trying to be impressive. Just lie low. You also want to avoid confrontations. Instead, seek out a positive mentor. There must be someone there whose work you admire.
4. Become a mentor yourself. Studies show that people who help out others are happier at work.
5. Try to be grateful. First off, at least you HAVE a job. Second, scientists say that if you say thank you to co-workers who actually deserve it, you'll be less depressed.