Do you think of yourself as superstitious? Apparently a LOT of us are . . . but it depends what the superstition is. Here are a few stats from a new poll.
1. 33% of us think picking up a penny brings you good luck.
2. 24% think it's bad luck for a groom to see his bride before the wedding.
3. 23% think the number seven is lucky, but just 12% think the number 13 is unlucky.
4. 21% believe knocking on wood prevents bad luck, and 13% think throwing spilled salt over your shoulder does too.
5. 20% think walking under a ladder is unlucky.
6. 14% believe it's unlucky to open an umbrella indoors.
7. 14% say you're more likely to experience bad luck on Friday the 13th.
8. 14% think breaking a mirror brings you seven years of bad luck.
9. 13% think black cats are unlucky.
10. And 7% think stepping on a crack is bad luck.
The survey also found that women tend to be slightly more superstitious than men. And Democrats are more likely to be superstitious than Republicans. (Harris)