It's still flu season, so you need to keep your immune system strong. Here are six signs your immune system is vulnerable and you need to give it a boost:
1. You eat a lot of sugar. Studies show that sugar prevents your white blood cells from fighting off bacteria.
2. You're not drinking enough water. You need plenty of fluid to flush out toxins. Just make sure your pee is pale yellow . . . then you know you're getting enough liquid.
3. You're overweight. You already knew this wasn't good for you, but it turns out that excess weight is hard on your immune system. You might have inflammation or hormonal imbalances that make it harder to fight infection.
4. Your nose is dry. It sounds gross, but snot is actually healthy. If your nasal passage is too dry, it's the perfect environment for germs.
5. You're stressed out. Stress weakens your immune system, and if you're stressed while you're sick, it's even harder for your body to recover.
6. You're fighting off a cold. Getting 3 to 4 colds a year is normal, but if you're constantly fighting one off, that means your resistance may be low. (ABC News)