Sugar is dumped in foods where you would least expect it. Just to put that in perspective, there's about 13 grams of sugar in a chocolate glazed donut. So here are seven HEALTHY foods that have MORE than 13 grams of sugar in them.
1. Fruit-flavored yogurt. One serving has 26 grams of sugar. That's about as much as you get in TWO donuts.
2. Energy bars. If you have the kind with chocolate chips in them, you're having 23 grams of sugar.
3. Orange juice. One cup of OJ has about 20 grams of sugar in it.
4. Applesauce. A typical serving has 16 grams of sugar.
5. Tomato soup. Your average serving has 15 grams of sugar.
6. Dried cranberries. One packet of craisins has 34 grams of sugar. That's more sugar than you have in TWO AND A HALF chocolate glazed donuts.
7. Starbucks Grande Latte. You probably don't think of a PLAIN latte as that bad for you, but it has 17 grams of sugar in it.