TV SAVES LIVES! Check this out . . .
A 55-year-old man in Marburg, Germany was having severe heart problems, and an unusual mix of symptoms . . . including fevers, loss of vision, loss of hearing, and swollen lymph nodes. And doctors couldn't figure out what he had.
Finally, he was referred to a doctor named Juergen Schaefer, who diagnosed him within five minutes . . . because he recognized the disease from an episode of "House" a few years earlier.
In the episode, Dr. House diagnosed a patient who had COBALT POISONING from a bad hip replacement.
Dr. Schaefer found out his patient had ALSO been having the problems since a hip replacement, and made the connection.
So the man got a NEW hip . . . and he's been getting better ever since. (AP)