Have you ever made a BIG MISTAKE . . . or even a little mistake . . . that ended up making things WAY BETTER? Here are five of our favorite stories about the best mistake people ever made . . .
1. "I drunkenly and stupidly picked a fight. The guy kicked me in the head. After the MRI they found a brain tumor."
2. "I failed out of college and joined the military. It changed me into a completely different person and while I was in, I finally completed my degree in nuclear engineering technology. Without failing out of college, who knows?"
3. "I worked at a grocery store, gave myself a discount on a piece of watermelon, and got fired. That started my job hunt . . . where I found a job with better pay, better vacation, better benefits, and work I actually liked."
4. "I was about to make a left turn on my motorcycle and accidentally popped the clutch, which made it stall. As I was cursing myself, a truck coming from the other direction blew through the red light. If I hadn't popped the clutch, I'd be dead."
5. "I dropped a quarter before I could put it in a gumball machine. While I picked it up, a kid went in front of me and got a pink gumball. I put mine in and got a blue one. This story might not be as dynamic as the others, but pink gumballs are awful." (Reddit)