It's supposed to brighten your day if you do nice things for other people. But if you don't have a ton of time or resources for big donations or volunteering, there are still a lot of small, simple ways that you can pay it forward.
Here are five easy ways to do it . . .
1. Share coupons. If you have a coupon that can be used more than once, offer to share it with someone standing next to you in line.
2. If you're running to the store for a few things, call and ask a neighbor if you can pick something up for them.
3. Buy a lottery ticket, and then just give it to a stranger.
4. Leave a big tip. Even if it's just a little bigger than usual, you'll make your server's day.
5. At the vending machine, leave your extra change for the next person.