A 61-year-old woman in Liverpool, England named Lesley Hailwood was at her house on New Year's Eve.
And it's not clear if she was depressed because she didn't have plans, or what. But she got into a box of chocolates. And around 11:30, she popped a piece in her mouth and started CHOKING on it.
Now, Lesley was alone, except for a dog named Nell that she's been taking care of while it's training to be a seeing-eye dog. (Supposedly Nell is a German Shepherd-Golden Retriever mix, but that doesn't seem to match up with her photo.)
And at first, Nell didn't even notice Lesley was in trouble, and just kept sleeping on the floor. But once Nell saw Lesley start running around in a panic, she woke up and jumped on the couch, which Lesley says she NEVER does.
Then she got up on her hind legs, and used her front legs to HIT Lesley in the chest . . . which dislodged the chocolate and saved her LIFE.
According to Lesley, Nell HASN'T been trained to deal with a choking victim, but somehow seemed to know exactly what to do. (Daily Mail)