Since you're listening right now, we can assume that the stupidest idea you ever had as a kid DIDN'T kill you . . . although it might've come close. What's the WORST idea you ever had as a kid? Here are eight of our favorites . . .
1. "I wanted to be a garbage truck . . . so I bit into a light bulb."
2. "I came up with a brilliant scheme where I'd always overpay for things so I could get lots of change back . . . and therefore become wealthy."
3. "I loved ginger ale, so I thought eating a spoonful of powdered ginger from the spice rack would be delicious."
4. "I decided to test our 'no tears' shampoo by squeezing it directly into my eye."
5. "I built a little house using an umbrella, bricks, a bucket, and a deck chair. To prove to my mom how real and functional the house was, I pooped in the bucket."
6. "I wanted to see what salt smelled like. I was at McDonald's, opened a packet of salt, poured it on a French fry, stuck it in my nose, and inhaled. I ended up running around the McDonald's screaming."
7. "When I was eight, my friend and I made a parachute out of my bed sheets . . . and jumped from the third floor of my house. Both of us broke both of our legs."
8. "I put my finger in a light bulb socket so I could see my skeleton, like in cartoons." (Reddit)