Nazzy & Mya
Nazzy & Mya
5:30am - 10:00am
JYY Wake Up Crew
Request A Song
My Profile
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome to the all new wjyy.com - more fun, interactive, and informative than ever!
JYY Headlines

Man accidentally burns down house trying to defrost frozen pipes


A Guy Tries to Use a Gas Heater and Blow Dryer to Thaw Out His Frozen Pipes . . . And Accidentally Burns Down His House
 
Most of the country is dealing with frigid weather right now.  And apparently cold weather can make you dumb and DESPERATE.
 
On Friday, a guy in his 60s named Leonard Szulczewski realized the pipes had frozen in his home in Marion, Pennsylvania.  (His last name is pronounced Zul-zoo-ski.  Marion is about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh.)
 
So he put a gas heater under them, and also tried using a hair dryer to thaw them out.  But then he realized that would take a while.  So he left the heater running, went upstairs, and laid down for a nap.
 
Now, technically, Leonard DID succeed in thawing out the pipes.  But shortly after he fell asleep, he woke up to a loud popping sound, saw black smoke, and realized he'd accidentally set his entire HOUSE on fire.
 
Luckily, he made it outside and no one else was home.  But his house was a total loss.  In an interview with the local news, Leonard said he checked on the pipes before he took a nap, and he's not sure what went wrong.  (CBS Pittsburgh)
 



JYY's Top Ten
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services