You know the WORST way to get someone to relax? By telling them STRESS is making things worse than they realize. Here are five stats from a bunch of new studies on how stress is destroying you. Sorry.
1. 10% of people say they're so stressed they're close to their "BREAKING POINT." What happens if you HIT that breaking point? The survey didn't say . . . but it can't be good.
2. A study out of Ireland found that parents who are stressed can slow down their babies' DEVELOPMENT . . . because the parents are so worried about THEMSELVES, they're less responsive with their kids.
3. 23% of men say planning their wedding was the most stressful thing they've ever done. But only 16% of women say that . . . they're more likely to be stressed by having a baby or moving.
4. 30% of men and 22% of women say they sometimes increase their DRINKING to cope with stress.
5. About two-thirds of people say they barely get anything done at work on Mondays because they're so anxious about the week ahead of them. (The Telegraph / Independent.ie / Daily Mail / Hospitality Net)