It's always mind-blowing when you realize . . . at THIS age . . . you've been doing something basic wrong for your ENTIRE LIFE. It really makes you question everything.
We've got the results here of an online discussion about things people JUST realized they've been doing wrong. Here are nine of the best ones . . .
1. "My wife's first language isn't English, and she's signed every English email with 'Love' instead of 'Sincerely' until recently, even business emails. She's 35."
2. "I just saw a friend eating sunflower seeds by spitting out the shells. I've always eaten them whole."
3. "My brother just figured out you can swallow pills without jamming them as far down your throat as possible . . . and making yourself gag or vomit in the process."
4. "I just learned the word 'prima donna' isn't actually 'pre-MADONNA,' like, 'before the singer Madonna.'"
5. "I just stopped holding my fork sideways in my fist. Someone finally pointed it out at dinner and I realized everyone else was holding their forks differently than I was."
6. "In college, someone finally pointed out it was strange that I ate the entire apple, including the core."
7. "I thought the cool kids on TV were asking girls to 'go study' and not 'go steady.' I didn't realize it was wrong until I tried it in real life."
8. "When I was 29, I asked, 'If all chickens have feathers, how do the farmers know which ones have dark meat and which ones have light meat?'"
9. "My friend was 25 before she realized you could press Shift to capitalize a letter. She was turning on Caps Lock, typing the letter, then turning off Caps Lock." (Reddit)