If your credit score hits rock bottom, it's probably because you got too far behind on bills, or in over your head on debt and had to declare bankruptcy . . . NOT because you married the devil. But I guess you never know.
A credit counseling company just released a list of the STRANGEST excuses people have given to explain why their credit scores had bottomed out. Here are the eight best ones . . .
1. "I accidentally married the devil. Our marriage license number was 666, I think she gave me gout, and ruined my credit score."
2. "I stopped making credit card payments and filed for bankruptcy because I didn't want any debt when I buy a house."
3. "I pay late fees every month to help boost my credit rating."
4. "My car broke, so I stopped making the payments so the bank would come repossess this junk car."
5. "Construction workers moved my mailbox and I couldn't find it for three months."
6. "My wife thought I was paying the bills . . . I thought she was paying them."
7. "I didn't pay my gas credit card because they sold me bad gas."
8. "My wife and I were abducted by aliens." (ABC News)