If there was an emergency, do you think you'd be a HERO? Or would you panic and save yourself?
8-year-old Jonathan Bent from Lawrenceville, Tennessee was staying with an elderly neighbor on Tuesday night, to keep an eye on her. Which seems like a lot to ask from a third grader, but apparently it's something he does regularly.
And it's a good thing, because he woke up to the woman SCREAMING . . . after she'd accidentally fallen asleep with a lit cigarette next to her OXYGEN TANK, and started a FIRE.
Now, this is where a lot of 8-year-olds might have knocked the old lady out of the way, gotten outside where it was safe, and enjoyed a delicious Snickers. (???)
But Jonathan tried to put the fire out using glasses of water. Then he realized it was too big, and ran through his ENTIRE apartment complex banging on doors, and yelling "FIRE" to wake people up.
In the end, firefighters had to pull five people from the building, including Jonathan's two sisters. But authorities say because of Jonathan, no one was killed. (WRCBTV / ABC News / NY Daily News)