We know how most people buy stuff they can't afford . . . throw it on a credit card and make it October's problem. Or 2014's problem. Whatever. You have your new TV so you're happy.
But a new survey asked people how they buy things they can't afford right now, without going into debt or paying full price. Here are the top five strategies people use . . .
1. Selling stuff on eBay or Craigslist specifically to raise money for the new thing they want.
2. Making things to sell to get cash.
3. Trading a useful skill . . . whether that means doing odd jobs to get money, or actually working for a person in exchange for the item.
4. Trying to raise the money through a fundraising website.
5. LYING, cheating, or somehow tricking someone into giving it to you for free or at a huge discount. (FemaleFirst)