It's Memorial Day weekend, and if you're planning a getaway with someone you recently started dating, here are five things you should know before you go . . .
1. Realize It's a Big Deal. Guys, even if you think you're just going on a quick and fun getaway, it's a big deal for HER. Expectations will be high, so be prepared.
2. Be Ready to Share Your Space. If you've only been dating for a short time, that "slowly-getting-to-know-you" phase gets thrown right out the window once you spend a weekend together. Be ready to be around this person 24/7.
3. Know Your Travel Styles. Some people like the "go with the flow" approach to traveling. Other people want every minute scheduled so they don't miss a thing. Just try to get on the same page before you go, so there are no surprises.
4. Be Flexible. No matter how well-organized you are, there are always things you can't predict . . . like traffic, weather, or feeling like crap. The more flexible and low-maintenance you are, the better your chances of the trip being a success.
5. Go With a Group. It's too late to change your plans now, but in the future, it's best to do your first weekend trip together with a group of friends. That way, there's a balance of personalities . . . and if one of you wants to be alone for a while, the other person will have people to hang with.