This Year's College Freshmen Were in Kindergarten During 9/11, and Have Never Known Life Without "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart"
It's time for a late August tradition . . . a list about today's college freshmen that makes you realize you're so old, you might as well wither up and die.
Beloit College in Wisconsin just released their annual "Mindset List" . . . where they list a bunch of things about college freshmen that'll make you feel ancient. This year's freshmen were born in 1996, so here are some highlights about their mindset . . .
1. They were just starting kindergarten when 9/11 happened.
2. They've never known life without "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" . . . he took over the show in 1999, when they were three.
3. They were never seduced into smoking by Joe Camel . . . he was gone by '97.
4. They've never known life without the WNBA . . . it started in 1997.
5. Bill Gates has been the richest man in the U.S. their entire lives.
6. They've never experienced the AIDS crisis . . . the number of cases of Americans dying from AIDS has been going down their entire lives.
7. They have never used Netscape as a web browser.
8. They never had to hide the "Playboy" magazines they somehow got their hands on . . . since they were old enough to want to see naked women, there's been a ton of Internet porn. (Beloit College) (You can see more of the list here