The 10 Most Popular Burger Toppings in America
A not-very-exciting new survey had Americans rank 10 of the most popular burger toppings. And coming in at number one was . . . KETCHUP.
For some reason, CHEESE wasn't one of the choices. I guess that would technically make it a cheeseburger, so maybe that's why they left it off the list? We're not sure.
Anyway, here are the top 10 most popular burger toppings, in order: Ketchup, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, mustard, pickles, mayo, bacon, mushrooms, and barbecue sauce.
I think we can assume that if they'd included cheese as an option, it would've been number one.
Six Tips for a Better Memorial Day Barbecue
Check out six tips for a better Memorial Day barbecue . . .
1. Serve less meat, but buy the expensive stuff . . . grass-fed beef, dry-aged steaks, and wild seafood. Anybody can grill a hundred burgers for 20 people. You can make people remember your party if your meat TASTES GOOD.
2. Focus on the vegetables. Instead of chips and salsa, serve charred vegetables with dipping sauces. Or grill vegetables and puree them into fresh sauces for your meat.
3. Make your own rub. For a dry rub, just throw some paprika and chili powder together with brown sugar, oregano, salt, and garlic.
4. Use high, medium, and then low heat. Put a high-heat flame on the left side of the grill to get your sear marks. Then cook the meat in the middle on medium heat, and then move it to low heat to keep warm.
5. Keep track of cooking temperatures. Food poisoning will wreck it for everybody. Cook everything at 140 degrees or above, and smoked food should be cooked between 180 and 220.
6. Serve fruit for dessert. Nobody saves room for brownies and ice cream. Just grill up some slices of pineapple, peaches, or mango. You can also serve them with angel food cake, toasted right on the grill. (Lohud.com)